Sport Berkey Replacement Filter
- Replacement Black Berkey Purification Element for the 22 oz. Sport Berkey Portable Water Filter
- The filter is designed to remove or dramatically reduce toxic chemicals, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, detergents, pesticides, herbicides, chlorides, pharmaceuticals, petroleum-based products, unpleasant tastes and odor, silt, sediment and chlorine
- Uses the same filtration medium as the larger Black Berkey Purification Element
- Sport Berkey Filter Refill Capacity:
- Water from any source: approximately 160 refills
- Municipal/Well Water: approximately 640 refills
- Do not run hot water through the filter
Out of stock
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q Fill a bottle with cyanide & toilet water. According to the description they should be filtered out. What are your findings?A Please do not put those substances in the bottle, nor should you ever do that for any water filtration system.
- Q What is the average life of the sports bottle Berkey filters? I fill mine about three times per day.From a municipal water supply.A You can refill from municipal water 640 times according to Berkey.
- Q Can you back fuah to clean? And can you combine it with a sawyer mini to clean out sediments before running it thru berkey. If you have, how?A There are instructions with every bottle purchased, you will flush it when you first use it, and you will flush it regularly.
- A It kinda plugs up and gets harder to suck on. Also the taste changed on ours.
- A The last one I ordered had all plastic on the outside portion of it.
- A I don't know if this filter contains silver. Did you try contacting the company directly?
- Q Why is this replacement filter alone more expensive than if i were to buy the one with the nalgene bottle attached?A Currently the bottle is more expensive than the filter.
- A Yes, you can backflush it, please check the instructions that came with the filter.
- Q the fillter you sent last time on the end of the filter where it go' s on the line was to big on the filter end do you have the correct filter ?A No. Stopped using. Disappointmen
- A While we don't have experience with the filter you mentioned, the Sport Berkey filter does a very good job of removing and/or dramatically reducing a wide variety of health-threatening contaminants from questionable sources of water, including remote lakes and streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries where regulations are often sub-standard. The Sport Berkey filter eliminates or reduces up to 99.9% of the following: Toxic Chemicals Volatile Organic Compounds Trihalomathanes Heavy Metals Detergents Pesticides Unpleasant taste and odors, cloudiness, silt, sediment and chlorine It uses Ionic Adsorption technology, which means that the media within the filter element removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon known as "adsorption", which results from a molecular attraction of substances to the surfaces of the media. As the bottle is pressed, the source water is forced through the filter. The filter element is impregnated with proprietary "absorbing" media that promotes IONIC "absorption" of pollutants within the micro-porous element, such as aluminum, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, mercury, and other dangerous heavy metals. Hope that helps!
- A It will need a straw
- Q If I only need to use it for two months, can the filter be dried out and used again months or years later?A Yes! I use mine on and off throughout the year. Just hang it to dry and make sure the bottle is dry then store with the straw open in a cool cupboard.
- Q Does the current model still have the size issue as mentioned in previous reviews? People said it doesn't fit the tube.A You will need a sport berkey bottle
- Q I bought a few extra filters but noticed mine had a much smaller tab that connects into the water line which wouldn't work. What's the deal with that?A They have made bottles with small and big tubing at different points in time. I've had both so when I got new filters I was able to swap some parts out. It's pretty annoying that they changed it.
- A Based on the design, I'm sure it could be done depending upon the type of bottle and if the straw is flexible enough to fit over the top of the filter. If you are creative enough I'm sure it could be done
- Q What is the difference between Berkey GSPRT Generic 22-Ounce Water Filter Sports Bottle and Berkey Sport Bottle Portable Water PurifierA There is no difference. Company sells no label versions so large volume wholesale buyers can re-label them to suit the needs of various organizations.